Donor: World Bank
Partners: Ministry of Health of the Republic of Serbia and the World Bank, consortium consisting of companies JBF (Belgium), Delta House (Croatia) and NALED. October 2019 - June 2020
Development of the Optimization plan for the healthcare institutions network is an activity within the first component of the Second Serbia Health Project implemented by the Ministry of Health in cooperation with the World Bank. The international tender published by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Serbia and the World Bank, selected a consortium consisting of companies JBF (Belgium), Delta House (Croatia) and NALED to provide technical assistance in the development of the Optimization plan for the healthcare institutions network.
Goals and activities
The goal of the project is to define the vision and strategy of system optimization and the development of the Optimization plan for the healthcare institutions network, to improve the quality, accessibility and efficiency of healthcare services, while taking into account the best international practices, as well as the socio-economic and political context in Serbia.
- Analysis, mapping and projections of the socio-economic context, through the prism of the impact on citizens’ health and the use of healthcare services. The scope of the analysis includes the demographic parameters, the estimated limits related to the economic system and the population standard, and a comparative analysis with other countries.
- The development of the analysis, mapping and projections of the healthcare context, the health condition of overall population and the level communities, as well as the health needs and possible trends; analysis of the financial situation in the health system and its sustainability; limitations and possibilities in respect of human resources; analysis of the state of health infrastructure, equipment and investment needs.
- Collection and analysis of data from all institutions in Serbia, including: Communication policies and strategies of health institutions; Legal framework for the functioning of health institutions; current state of health infrastructure and investment needs; management of health institutions; management of human resources; current state and use of medical equipment; financing of HI; IT systems in HI.
- Visits and direct communication with all health institutions from the network plan in Serbia and collection of information and views on real possibilities for optimization of the healthcare institutions network.
- Development of the Optimization plan for the healthcare institutions network, including the operational plan for functional integration of healthcare institutions of which ensures the continuity in providing health services, rational financing and management, defining optimal capacities of health institutions, human resources, the scope and content of services, infrastructure and equipment.
- Inclusion in the plan of interactive geographical information system map (GIS);
- Proposal of public policies and legal framework to support implementation.
- Collection and analysis of the views of all participants in the Serbian health system, as well as the research of public opinion and implementation of focus groups; defining of communication strategies and maps of the implementation routes